Ohhh I wish I had the time and patience for more DIY projects… and a Michael’s less than 25 minutes away from me. These projects are all ones I think I’d like to do. I’m obsessed with these gold leaf eggs, well, with all of these really. If anyone tries them, let me know how it goes!
Archives For Holidays
Happy New Year everyone! Please have a fun and safe night tonight… whether you’re staying home or going out, put on some sparkle! : )
via Style Me Pretty
I found some great DIY New Year’s Party ideas on the web the other day, but I also came across some adorable gold party details as well. Here’s a collection of images that would make for a pretty New Year’s Eve party… or even a New Year’s wedding! I love all the glitz during this time of year, I don’t think I’ll ever get enough of champagne and gold sparkles.
One of my friends is throwing a New Years Eve party so of course I started googling for some glitzy NYE decor and DIY. These are my favorite ideas I came across. I love gooooold! The look of it! The smell of it! The taste of it! The texture! (a little Austin Powers humor for you)
Shopping for kids makes the Holidays so much more fun. To picture their faces lighting up at the site of their gifts on Christmas morning makes the hassle of Holiday shopping so worth it (or in my case, the pushing of the Amazon Prime button). My little girl Amelia is about to turn 3 and she would love any of these gifts!
- Every little girl needs a little sparkle dress. I guarantee she will pick it out to wear everyday and won’t want to take it off. Or is my daughter the only one obsessed with glitter everything?
- I found this gem while browsing on the Disney Store website. My daughter absolutely loves tea parties and she’s very into pretend play. I can’t wait to see her wheeling this cart around serving tea to anyone who stops by.
- Amelia already has one of these Color Wow Books, but my Mom is picking up another one. It comes with a little pen that holds water and you use it to color in the book. The pages show up with water but go away when dry. Amelia has spent hours playing with this, and it’s also great to keep in your purse for going out to eat!
- Ahh the play kitchen… every little girls’ dream. I purchased this a little over a year ago in hopes of distracting Amelia enough to get a little work done around the house. It worked for awhile… then she forgot about it… but now since she’s so into pretend play again, it’s a huge daily hit.
- If you’re gonna have a kitchen, cookies MUST be baked. The slicability of these makes them so fun, and with mix and match icing the only negative is that you can’t eat them.
- Princess shoes… gotta have ‘em.
- One of my best friends is an occupational therapist and told me this scooter is her gift for Amelia this year. I trust her in every way when it comes to what toys are best for their development (and the most fun)!
- Amelia got this dress up trunk set for her birthday last year and I can say it’s her most used toy. She wears the skirts and outfits on a daily basis. I’d also pick up the shoe set that matches!
- Last but not least, the train set. Every kid loves a train set and I thought this girly version was just too cute.
1. Sequin Tunic $48 | 2. Mrs. Potts & Chip Tea Cart $25 | 3. Princess Water Book $9.99
4. Vintage Kitchen $125 | 5. Slice & Bake Cookie Set $19.99 | 6. Tulle Gem Ballet Flats $34.95
7. Radio Flyer My 1st Scooter $52.98 | 8. Disney Princess Dress Up Trunk $44.99
9. Fairy Town Train Set $80.99
I have been looking for some cute Holiday decor for my dining room table since finishing decorating for Christmas. I was browsing Target and found so many cute things in a matter of 5 minutes. I put them in my cart and checked out before I had time to question everything and end up buying nothing (as it happens frequently when surrounded by too much cuteness). I’m pretty much in love with these little winter scene globes. So cute.
1. Gilded Ice Woodgrain mini runner $14.99 | 2. Mercury Glass Votive Candle Holders (similar) | 3. Class Coche with House I $15.99 | 4. Class Coche with House II $15.99 | 5. Candlesticks (similar) | 6. Cardboard Trees from Target
It’s the Holiday Gift Guide, guy edition! I naturally searched for items that I think my husband would like… he’s a musical, beer brewing, tech loving guy and these items are definitely on my shopping list for him.
- The first is a watch but the face is an iPod nano… super cool. You’ll have tunes and the time. And I just realized they have new iPod Nano’s that are a different shape… but you could still scour eBay to find a 6th generation because I think it’s a super cool gift.
- What guy doesn’t love a comfy tee, that’s all Steve would wear if I let him and J. Crew has really soft ones.
- I found this guitar pick punch and thought that would be convenient, he’s always searching the house for picks, now he can just make one!
- The Porch Board Bass would be a little bit of a splurge, but it’s a really fun musical accessory for you acoustic guitar players.
- I saw the latitude/longitude keychain on Etsy and thought it would be a sweet gift. It could represent the place you met, got married or your first home.
- We have an Apple TV and it’s amazing, we mainly use the Netflix app and can watch countless shows and movies on demand. (Great for kids’ shows too)
- I thought this beer tasting set was interesting, I never knew certain beers were supposed to be enjoyed with specific glasses just like wine, perfect for the beer snob in your household.
- We all grew up playing the original Nintendo, what a fun reminder with this iPhone case.
- We got my Dad the Brookstone Grill Alert last year and he always says it was the best gift. We used it for the turkey on Thanksgiving. It was nice to not have to hover over the turkey in the fryer out in the garage.
With guys (at least my other half), stick to gifts related to their hobbies and minimize the clothing purchases… unless that’s what they’re into of course! : )
1. Leather Watch Band $89.99 | 2. J. Crew Guitar Tee $16.50 | 3. Guitar Pick Punch $30 |
4. Porch Board Bass $299.95 | 5. Latitude/Longitude Keychain | 6. Apple TV $99 | 7. Eight Piece Beer Tasting Set $59.95 | 8. Nintendo iPhone Case $35 | 9. Brookstone Grill Alert $69.99
It’s hard to believe it’s Thanksgiving next week! I thought I’d do a little weekly gift guide and this week I’m starting with the ladies. These are all items I would be excited to receive as gifts. Who wouldn’t love an statement bubble necklace, a pretty pink watch, the cosiest sweater ever or an adorable desk calendar. I love that both Toms and Warby Parker donate to a person in need with every single purchase!
1. Bubble Necklace $7.02 | 2. Owl Cookie Jar $65.00 | 3. Kate Spade Icebox Jewels $248.00 | 4. Stacked Ring Set $58.00 | 5. Warby Parker Liv Sunglasses $95 | 6. Grey Dot Classic Toms $54.00 | 7. Hanging Wall Jewelry Display $119.95 | 8. Kate Spade NY Metro Watch $195.00 | 9. Chenille Cowlneck Sweater $27.99 | 10. Personalized Tiny Text Bowl $36.00 | 11. Rifle Paper Co. Desk Calendar $48.00